Monday, February 14, 2011

TEST


Photo Attribution:

Released under an Attribution-Non-Commercial-Share Alike License
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/3.0/

I take a lot of pictures. I really didn't think much of other people using them until I started to talk to my photo journalism friend. He was really upset that some of my pictures were being used by a city without giving me any credit or even asking if they could use them.

I post a lot of pictures on facebook and about once a week I will get a message from facebook telling me that a fried of mine has used one of my pictures as their facebook profile picture. This does not include those who first download the my picture and re-upload it to facebook. I don't really mind. If I wanted to keep more restrictions on my photos I could use a sight like Flicker. At the same time any picture that is viewable can be stolen. I post pictures for my friends to view. I am not trying to make money off of them. ...more later

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I grew up along the shores of Lake Superior and I recall seeing waves like the one in your picture, every time a storm started to blow through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my new favorite spot to surf in Michigan. I have never seen lake waves break with the power that this one does. It broke in 1 foot of water with a limestone slab of rock(so don't fall).

    ReplyDelete