Sunday, November 20, 2011

It might be easier just to find each other on chat roulette.


In my CEP 812 Class we are working in groups on projects.  We were asked to try out new web conferencing software.  I have a lot of experience with Skype but it is always fun to try out new things.   
 
My group didn’t want to pay for any software.  We actually worked talking on Skype while downloading and signing up for new conferencing software.  I was working on a G5 Mac but the newest Skype is not supported so I turned on my PC.  The first conference service we tried was Web Huddle but we were unable to create accounts.  Next we tried Yugma.  After signing up and installing Yugma I started a meeting but my partners could not connect with their brand new Mac.  It may have been a firewall issue.  

After talking on Skype about how we didn’t like any of the other software we decided to use Skype. 
One thing I liked about Yugma was its ability to record.  I had two monitors going and it recorded both of them at the same time.  


I have been working on trying to set up Skype meetings with other Physical Educations classes.  I talked to three teachers at a Michigan Physical Education conference about Skping the two physical education classes.  One problem is each school is on a different schedule and some gyms don’t have internet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment